If you are accused of a crime, whether it is a misdemeanor, a felony, or a DWI, you have rights, rights that are guaranteed to you by the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of New York. The Law Offices of Joshua Dubs, PLLC can represent you, non-judgmentally, in any level of criminal proceeding and ensure that your rights are honored, and the prosecutor is held to the high standards to which our justice system depends.
What to do if you are arrested:
- DO NOT RESIST. Resisting arrest will only add to your legal troubles.
- Allow yourself to be taken into custody.
- Give the officer your name, address, and any identifying information. Do not lie to them.
- Say nothing further. Tell the officer you wish to have an attorney present.
- When you are given your phone call, contact a loved one and ask them to contact the Law Offices of Joshua Dubs, PLLC immediately.
- If you are arraigned without an attorney, and no public defender is present, do not say anything in court. The judge will read the charges to you and ask you how you plead. When asked, plead not guilty.
- Ask the judge for time to contact an attorney.
- Contact the Law Offices of Joshua Dubs, PLLC before your next court date.
Contact Attorney Joshua Dubs for a free consultation about your criminal matter. In many cases, payment plans may be available to help you afford legal representation.